Review- Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser

I'm a fan of Neutrogena's Deep clean Gentle Scrub. It was the perfect scrub because it was oil free and non-comedogenic and I would use it daily without any fear of drying out my skin. Why Neutrogena choose to discontinue this face wash is a mystery to me, I used 4-5 of the 50ml tubes in a year. Now I'm on the hunt for a good daily scrub having the same properties, but till now, no such luck. Since I had a good experience with Neutrogena I decided to try another one of their products.


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

What the company claims:-

Neutrogena Liquid Facial Cleanser Pure Mild has glycerin rich formula that offers a moisturized and clean look to your facial skin. It is a gentle and pure cleanser for clear, clean and healthy-looking skin. It helps in eliminating surplus oil, and never dries out your skin. This product rinses your face clean without leaving pore-clogging residue. 

Cost- Rs.270

Qty-150ml
Availability : Nykaa | Purplle | Jabong | Flipkart | Amazon


Why I brought Neutrogena's Pure Mild Facial Cleanser:
  • It has the closest properties to the scrub I am looking for, except that it is a cleanser. 
  • It claims to eliminate oil without drying out the skin
  • Since it is mild I can use it to clean the eye area also. None of the face washes I use allowed that.

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

My take on the product:-
          The first thing you notice when you take the product on to your hands ... not its color...no, not its texture....yes, its nauseating smell! I'm mean arghh! I'm not averse to products which smell or those which have lingering fragrances, but they should smell good. This cleanser has such a strong perfumed smell, one wonders how can it be called "mild", surely the presence of such a fragrance will irritate the skin.
           Apart from the smell, no scratch that, I cannot ignore the smell. It does cleanse my skin properly, without drying it and my skin stays oil free for the next 3-4 hours. So its not a great product for an oily skin, in my books. Thankfully, the smell does not linger on my skin.




Now I will sum up the review so you can decide if you want to purchase it or not:
The good:-
  • Gentle
  • Cleanses skin throughly without drying
  • Keeps skin oil free for 3-4 hours
  • Not expensive
The bad:-
  • It has a strong smell, smells like it has been perfumed
  • Though it claims to be suitable for all skin types it is definitely not suited for oily skin.
Overall Verdict:- 3/5 (-1 for smell, -1 for not controlling oil)
First, try to sample the smell. After smelling it you can choose if you want to purchase it or not, because its a good cleanser, just smells bad to me.


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com