Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry (225) - Review, Swatches!

Hi everyone! Today I’m going to talk about a product that has received lot of love from me of late and that is the Revlon Matte Balm in the shade Sultry. When Revlon Matte Balms first launched, I was turned off by their high price. But after swatching Sultry at the counter I couldn’t resist buying it. See swatches and description of all matte balms here. When I first tried it on, I didn’t know what to expect, and the lip swatches were taken then itself. I didn’t know that I had to prep my lips, but lesson learned, it’s a matte lipstick after all. Always exfoliate before you wear a matte lipstick. Keep in mind that the lip swatches are very zoomed in, and unless a person is just an inch away from your lips, she won’t notice that much detail.


What is matte balm? From my experience after trying Sultry, I can say that it’s a non drying matte lipstick.

PACKAGING ~ It’s a chubby pencil with the body having the same color as the color of the lipstick, so if you’re planning to build a collection you can spot any shade easily. I like that the packaging is matte, it gives a more sophisticated feel.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225 in India Review Swatches

COLOR vs. SKIN TONE  ~ Sultry is a nice dusky pink color, under some types of lighting, it looks like a bright pink on my lips. Its very flattering on my skin tone, it’s like a ‘pick-me-up’ lippie for me. The color has a bit of mauve to it.  It will suit fair to medium skin tones. I have medium skintone and this color suits me perfectly. It doesn’t flatter my sister who is 2 shades darker to me, almost washes her out.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225 in India Review Swatches



APPLICATION & AFTER ~ What I LOVE about this lipstick is that it completely covers my lip pigmentation in a single swipe. It’s smooth to apply, you get a strong mint fragrance during application and a slightly tingly feeling(that’s due to the mint). It does not dry down completely on the lips though it looks matte. Its lightweight on the lips, I didn’t experience any discomfort as it did not dry out my lips.

COLOR vs. STYLE ~ I can wear Sultry anywhere. If you’re looking for a lipstick that you can wear to office, college, errands and just last minute hangouts, Sultry is the color to have. Because it perks up my complexion I can just just wear this color and some BB cream and I’m good to go. Case in point: I recently wore it as a stain during my gym session(yes, I wear lipstick in the gym, don’t you? :P) and even after all the sweat and strain I looked alive, though I was (nearly dead) exhausted.

PRODUCT vs. DURABILITY ~ When I tried it for the 2nd time I experienced little feathering on my upper lip, I had no such problems the first time. Maybe my upper lip wasn’t as prepped as my lower lip. It does not completely dry down on the lips hence it transfers. The lipstick stayed nicely till I ate and after eating(just momos and a milkshake) my bottom lip wasn’t affected much. Sultry stayed put on my lips till I had to remove it, that means 6 hours of wear during which I retouched just my upper lip twice. I also washed my face with water in between and the lipstick still looked freshly put. Very impressive performance. It did not dry out my lips even after continuous 6 hour wear.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225 in India Review Swatches

PRODUCT vs. PRICE ~ The Revlon Matte Balms are priced at Rs.800 in India. It contains just 2.7 g of product and has a shelf life of 3 years. Because of its stunning performance and the lovely shade, I really think Sultry is worth the price. Revlon is a drugstore brand, but this product feels more high-end. Although I do wish Revlon gave more quantity, at least 3gm. Because of its pigmentation I don’t need more than one swipe but still, if used everyday the product will get over in a month.

Available at Nykaa | Flipkart | Amazon | Purplle | Jabong

REMOVAL ~ You’ll need a makeup remover to remove this. If you make a mistake during application, just a Q-Tip won’t do, you’ll need to either dip it in makeup remover or just use concealer to cover any errors.

FINAL VERDICT ~ Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry is a lovely everyday pink color that has excellent pigmentation and durability and does not dry out my lips. If there’s only one shade you can buy from this range I’d recommend Sultry. I’d also love to try out more shades from this range
Rating: 4.9/5

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225 in India Review Swatches

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225 in India Review Swatches

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225 in India Review Swatches

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry 225 in India Review Swatches


Money well spent I say, any matte lipstick lovers here?