Maybelline The Volum’ Express The HyperCurl Waterproof Mascara- Review, Photos, Price

I can’t believe I haven’t spoken about mascaras on my blog till now, mascara was my FIRST makeup product! Till date I’ve used 4-5 different types of mascaras and 3 of them have been from Maybelline – The Colossal Volum’ Express, Falsies and HyperCurl. Infact my first mascara was the The Colossal Volum’ Express non waterproof, didn’t know the difference back then ! :P

Maybelline The Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Waterproof Mascara Review

Cost: Rs.275 ($4.55)
Qty:9.2 ml
You get buy it online on Nykaa, Flipkart, Jabong, eBay, Amazon 
You can read about my experience with Nykaa & Jabong

Company Claims(taken from website):
Enjoy beautiful curled lashes with Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Mascara.
Featuring a powerful curl-lock formula, this mascara gives you voluminous, curled eyelashes for up to 18 hours. Sweep on this mascara and add definition and drama to your eyes!
Here’s why you’ll love it:
• Has an exclusive curl-lock formula that gives you dramatically curled lashes
• Adds volume for expressiveness
• Keeps lashes curled and voluminous for up to 18 hours
• Comes in waterproof and washable variants

This is the second time I’ve picked up the HyperCurl Waterproof variant, so obviously I like it a lot! Its available only in one color-Black. If you’re looking for mascara that gives you curl and slight volume, this is one for you! It’s especially helpful for students since not a lot of colleges allow you to do makeup, and at Rs.275 this will fit your budget perfectly! I strongly suggest buying waterproof mascaras. Another bonus is that you don’t have to struggle with an eyelash curler, or if you’re afraid them, this curling mascara is a good option and that’s why beginners will also like it.

The Maybelline HyperCurl Mascara doesn’t give me dramatic lashes, but it does curl my lashes and give slight volume to them. I always apply mascara by wiggling it at the root and moving upwards/downwards still wiggling. The wand is slightly curved, as you can see in the pic below. That curve helps curl the lashes. The Falsies mascara has a more curved wand, hence the effect is more dramatic!


Maybelline The Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Waterproof Mascara Review

Maybelline waterproof mascaras have amazing staying power and this one is no less. It stays on my lids for a good 8-10 hours, though the curl doesn’t look as good at the end of the day. And you won’t have crazy mascara streaks running down your cheeks, this one doesn’t smudge either! In fact, I’ve washed my face with this on and it didn’t smudge a bit. You’ll need a proper makeup remover, or baby oil (or any other you prefer) to remove this completely.

Here is a side-view pic of how it looks on my lashes, you can see more front view pics in my NYX Kiwi Post and Lakme Brown Kajal Review.


Maybelline The Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Waterproof Mascara Review

However it does have a few cons. The HyperCurl Mascara tends to clump lashes together sometimes, but isn’t that kind of mascara that always ends up clumping your lashes, just happens on some occasions. Many times during application the mascara ends up on my lower lash line, probably because the wand picks too much? I don’t actually know why this happens cause I haven’t faced this with any other mascara I’ve used till date. I use a tissue paper as mascara card when I apply this on my lower lash line. Also the effect you get won’t be quite visible if you have a heavy smokey eye. Smokey eyes tend to make the lashes disappear anyways so you’ll need something more dramatic than this mascara to pair with a smokey eye.

Maybelline The Volum’ Express The Hypercurl Waterproof Mascara Review

Overall Verdict: 3.5/5
Maybelline Volum Express HyperCurl Mascara  is a nice mascara which is suitable for daily wear and is a great option for beginners and those who don’t use an eye lash curler. It can be built up for a more dramatic look but I suggest using a more volumizing mascara if you’re planning to do a smoky eye. This lasts me the whole day, i.e, a good 8-10 hours. If you need an everyday mascara or you’re a beginner searching for a budget mascara, I highly recommend this to you.