A summer must have: NYX Single Eye Shadow in Kiwi (Review, Swatch, EOTD and Where to Buy)

If you’re a makeup addict, the best thing about summers is that you can wear bright colors without everyone staring unnecessarily. I remember when I first wore Maybelline’s Bold Mat 2 during monsoon, a rude aunty just kept staring at me..ugh.  But we don’t have to worry about that once summer arrives! I discovered this bright green eyeshadow call NYX Kiwi last year on Jabong and ever since I got it, I’ve been in love with it. I’m a little partial to greens because they compliment my brown eyes and in general, they are way more wearable than most colors for Indian skintones like mine. I actually couldn’t find any reviews which focussed on just this particular eye shadow and because I love it so much I decided that I’ll review it. Also, if like me, people who live in countries where NYX isn’t easily available or isn’t cheap, need to double check so that they can be sure of what they’re buying, this review will help you.

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Kiwi Review EOTD

Price: Rs.375 (~$6)
Qty: 2.7gm
NYX single eye shadows are not listed on the NYX website but I seriously hope they’re not discontinued!

Packaging:
Nyx Kiwi is from they’re single eye shadow range. It comes in a cute square-with-round-edges plastic box with transparent front cover so you can see the shade with ease. The packaging is ok, I do wish the transparent plastic didn’t get dirty so easily. The plastic attracts dirt alot :(

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Kiwi Review EOTD

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Kiwi Review EOTD

Color:
Kiwi is a bright yellow-green with a gold sheen and has a satin finish. It does resemble a kiwi! Though the color is bright, it doesn’t look very OTT or neon, its quite wearable. It can be paired with a brown eye shadow to make it look more subtle, if needed. I personally love wearing it as it is, with a little brown in the crease because I wouldn’t want to tone down this pretty color. This color will suit all skintones

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Kiwi Review EOTD

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Kiwi Review EOTD

Texture & pigmentation:
 It has a satin finish which is quite smooth, kind of similar to Inglot Pearl finish which I also love. It does not have any fall out. The pigmentation is superb. Usually finger swatches of the eye shadow are better than the eye shadow put on our eyelids, but with NYX Kiwi, what you see is what you get. The color on the eyelids has the same intensity as it appears in the pan or a finger swatch. I have pigmented eyelids and even without a base or primer, the true color shows up beautifully on my eyes.  
The swatch and eotd have been done sans a primer or base because I wanted to show the true intensity of the color, but whenever I wear eyeshadow, I always wear primer.

Possible dupe of Mac Swimming: Although this is not listed on Temptalia, it totally should be! Swimming and NYX Kiwi look very similar. I don’t have any Mac e/s, I just go by the swatches online.

I got it from Jabong (See Review). Its still available HERE for just Rs.375 if you’re interested.

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Kiwi Review EOTD

Overall Verdict: 4.9/5
I think NYX Kiwi is a great eye shadow in terms of its quality, pigmentation and texture. I do wish the packaging was a little better, but since it’s a drugstore product, you can’t expect much. I highly recommend this shadow, you’ll definitely love it.