Review and Swatches : Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder in the Shade TL09

Kryolan offers some seriously awesome makeup products but what’s even more amazing is that in the two years since I’ve been buying from this brand, makeup prices of other brands have shot up, however, Kryolan makeup prices have remained the same! I recently went into a Kryolan store to purchase some items and I found that the Dermacolor Cream, Lipstick & Translucent Loose Powder which I had purchased in 2013, are still sold at the same price :)

Review and Swatches Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder in the Shade TL09

Today I will be reviewing the Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder in the shade TL09

Price: Rs. 400 / $6.2
Qty: 20gm / 0.7 oz
Shelf Life: 24 Months
It is also available in a 60gm variant for Rs. 900. I wouldn’t recommend you to buy the larger one unless you’re a Pro MUA as 20g itself is a lot of product!
Shades: The Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder is available in a lot of shades despite being translucent. Once you go to a Kryolan store, ask the MUAs there to help you out with a shade. The also have some brightening shades – pink & yellow. I have the shade TL09 which has beige-yellow undertones.
Availability: Kryolan Stores

The Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder is my goto product during the hot summers. It is weightless on the skin and has no coverage since it is a translucent powder. Its finely milled and doesn’t cause creasing when I apply it to my eye contour (the only place I have fine lines). After application, the Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder makes my face matte & does control shine for a couple of hours. I like how it never makes my face look powdery or cakey, due to its fine texture. I feel that it does help control sweat a tiny bit. During cooler months, I prefer to use it just to set the concealer under my eyes. I find that my concealers stay put for longer if I use this Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder to set them.  As for extending the stay of my makeup overall, it does help improve the weartime of my base makeup. As blush, contour, highlighter are all applied over it, it does not help in improving their wear time. It prevents my base makeup from wearing down due to oils & sweat that the body produces. One point that I’d like to make is if you’re in the sun for a long period of time and/or you are sweating profusely, only a good primer can prevent your makeup from breaking down. The Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder is a must have for me on those days when Mumbai gets too humid.

Skin type: Currently my skin is normal. During summers it varied from normal-combination to normal-dry. Last year I had combination-oily skin and even then this powder was effective on me i.e it controlled shine for hours.

Since it is a loose powder, I take special care when I travel with it. Yes I travel with it! The packaging of the Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder is such that you have a plastic powder jar/dabba and its covered with a perforated lid which has a sticker over it. This jar is closed with a plastic lid. I had removed only a part of that sticker when I first started using this powder, now over an year later I have removed little over a 1/4th of that sticker. This does make it a bit tedious to get the powder out (just a little bit) but its totally worth it because I get to travel with the Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder without worrying about wastage. I live (and hence travel) back & forth between two cities (Mumbai & Pune). The packaging definitely screams cheap and feels flimsy. However I have been using this product since 2 years and only now its lid has got a slight crack which I’m guessing is due to travelling with it. This might cause a problem to Pro MUAs as they need to travel to sets with makeup products all the time.

Review and Swatches Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder in the Shade TL09

Review and Swatches Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder in the Shade TL09


the shade TL09. It looks white coz its layered heavily. 
Review and Swatches Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder in the Shade TL09
You will never get this kind of coverage on your face unless you use your fingers to apply the powder!


Overall Verdict: 5/5

The Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder is a lovely weightless, coverage-free setting powder that ensures longevity of my base makeup, controls shine and also my sweat a little bit (which is more than what I can say for any previous setting powders). I love how its so affordable and I would recommend anyone to purchase it, except if you have dry skin and don’t use a powder. I did recently go to repurchase this product in the yellow shade (as cooler months are ahead and I will be using it just for setting my under eyes) however it was OOS. I will definitely be purchasing more of this loose powder! My sister has dry skin but she likes using this powder to control her sweat (Mumbai humidity I tell you :/). On the downside, it does not have SPF and that is also important for summers. I use a sunscreen spray over my face after my makeup, however that adds to the overall price of the product.