Review n Swatches - Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation Mauve1

If there’s one brand that keeps coming out with new collections that are super affordable, its Maybelline. Right after they launched the Fit Me! collection in India, we were rewarded with Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradations (also known as Color Blur in US).

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation Mauve1 Review Swatches Price Dupe India

Shades in India : Mauve 1, Pink 1, Pink 2, Fuchsia, Orange, Coral, Red 1, Red 2
India gets 8 shades of the lip gradations same like we got just 6 shades of the Fit Me foundation :( Taking into account that India has a large population you would think that brands will release more shades !!

Anyways, I picked up Mauve 1 (where’s Mauve 2 though?) which is the first shade that appealed to me. The second shade was one of the reds that seemed like MAC’s Ruby Woo & the third that I liked was a fuchsia one that reminded me of a MAC’s Flat Out Fabulous. BUT I resisted because these lipsticks are expensive and I wanted to try one out before committing to a purchase of 3. Also as you can probably tell by now, I like more easy to wear shades like Brick-O-La, REB07, Tender Berry etc.

SHADE vs SKINTONE ~ Mauve 1 is a peachy-brown shade on me. The packaging is mauve-pink & the lipstick looks mauve-pink but it looks peach-brown on me. On some skintones it looks mauve actually, so it will look different depending on your undertone. I think this shade will suit a lot of skin tones but very deep skinned ladies may want to try it out in-stores first. I guess Mauve 1 will be a MLBB for some, but its browner than a MLBB for me!




APPLICATION & AFTER ~ Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation is the smoothest matte lipstick I’ve tried. Its texture is smooth & glides like a dream on my lips. Its formula is lighter than the famous L’Oreal Moist Matte lipsticks & Revlon Color Burst Matte Balms & hence its smoother than them.  Even though it’s a light shade, Mauve 1 is quite pigmented and covers lip pigmentation easily with 1-2 swipes. You can apply multiple swipes of this without worrying about it looking patchy. It is so lightweight on my lips that I tend to forget I have any lipstick on!
I think the lipstick formula needs to be so super lightweight, so that we can create a gradation effect with multiple shades easily.

PRODUCT vs. DURABILITY ~ with just one coat, the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation fades away easily, in 2-3 hours. You need to build it up if you want a longer stay. This product is not marketed as a long wearing lipstick, but for the price & formula, you would expect it to excel in wear-time.

REMOVAL ~ Mauve 1 is a light shade and can be easily removed with cotton pads / tissue paper.

PACKAGING ~ Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradations come in a very chic & fun packaging ! They are more like fat lip liners than pencils. The packaging is the same color as the lip shade. It is two sided, one side has the lipstick bullet and the other side has the sponge for spreading multiple shades of lipstick together. The sponge is super soft and can be used with any lipstick. Only cleaning it is a problem, I do not know how to get that clean, sponges are always tricky business !

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation Mauve1 Review Swatches Price Dupe India

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation Mauve1 Review Swatches Price Dupe India

Product vs Price:
Price :  Rs.500 / $7.5
Qty : 1.2g / 0.04 oz
Availability : Nykaa | Amazon | Koovs
The Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradations are very pricey for drugstore products ! Though the product feels high end, it definitely pinches to pay so much for just 1.2g (tiny quantity) of product. Better take advantage of sales with this one !

Final Verdict: 3.9/5

I love the formula of the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradations but they are definitely pricey for what they are. Although I wanted to pick up more shades, I decided to wait for a good sale. Also waiting for Maybelline to release more shades…

Have you tried any shade from the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradations range ? Share your thoughts !