My Hair Story Tag

Hello dear readers

Today I'm going to be doing a tag post, like the title suggests. No one has tagged me, but I have been battling so many hair issues simultaneously that I thought, what the hell, let me just put it all in one place so that I can use it as a reference for future posts. The only fun way I could think of doing that is this tag. I think its pretty cool and I was able to get out most of the information about my hair, just one thing though, TMI alert. I hope you won't be grossed out by some of the stuff you read !

Questions

1. What kind of hair were you born with?
In childhood, I had straight black-brown hair which didn't look very voluminous. My hair has always had that natural frizz around the crown

2. How did your hair change as your grew and evolved?
It has become wavy, due to which it looks more voluminous. Because of the extra volume, I think I prefer it wavy over straight. When I use some products, it becomes straighter (without use of iron). It has also become lighter in color (probably due to dryness)

3. Any fun childhood hair memories?
In childhood, hair wasn't so important, especially because in India we have these stupid school rules that state that if your hair is below chin length it needs to be tied up. And then there are even stupider rules, like if its shoulder length then tie two plaits, ponytail won't do & blah blah. My mom used to tie my & my sister's hair in ponytails. Once she wasn't well so my dad substituted for her - that ended up with me having one pony high & one pony low throughout the whole day of school !

4. Have you ever had a hair disaster?
Haven't we all ? I have had at least 5, but I'm going to list the ones that affected me the most.
(i) Back in 2011, I had THE most disastrous hair cut I've ever gotten. I wanted layers all around my hair, not just at the front. This resulted in just two thin bunches of hair which were long - until my chest, and the rest were short - just below my chin. I could not even tie up my hair (it looked more ridiculous that way). Finally I had to get it rectified and got the longer parts cut till shoulder-length by another salonist who asked me if my hair was previously cut accidentally by a child :/  So ladies, if you've had a bad haircut, I feel your pain.
(ii) Other disasters : in the latter half of 2015, I got hair-dandruff and it is pretty much the worse thing ever. I've actually gotten head-lice before (hello hostel life) but that was easy to tackle and needed at most 2 inexpensive products. But dandruff needs wayyy more handling.


5. Have you ever colored your hair? and if yes, when?
In 2006-07, back when I was a teen surviving on pocket money, some really affordable hair coloring product had come out for as cheap as Rs.40. It was available in the shade red (which has always been my dream hair color). Me & my sister purchased and tried out the color on our hair. End result = no difference. The price makes so much sense now, haha !

6. Have you made peace with your hair?
I don't think I have, yet. My hair is quite dry & damaged and I've only started recovering from that since the past month. It gets into really huge, very-hard-to-detangle knots frequently. I think that once my hair gets out of the damaged phase, I'm gonna be at peace. Till then, I have to work on it and nourish it.

7. Your top 3 must have hair products you can't live without?
Right now, it is Apple Cider Vinegar, hair serum (L'Oreal Mythic Oil) and Tangle Teezer hair comb.

8. Your "go to" hair style?
I'm the absolute worst at hair styling. I cannot even tie my own hair into braids. If my hair is freshly washed or even upto 1-2 day old after wash, I just like to comb it and leave it open with a side parting. Since I have natural waves now, my hair looks very nice when its open as long as I make sure to frequently tame the frizz on my crown (by combing) and apply serum generously.

9. Your favorite hair tips
(i) Rinse your hair with Apple Cider Vinegar
(ii) Oil your hair before wash. In general, find something that can nourish your hair as you are stripping it of natural oils every time you wash it.

10. Your hair idol?
Its most definitely Victoria's Secret Runway models'hair. I love those huge, glossy & wavy locks.

11. What do you love about your hair?
I love that I was able to get it to grow so long (waist length). [TMI Alert] It covers my breasts(who doesn't love that ?) and lets me enjoy more bra-free time. I also think my hair falls a lot but it still has good volume which is big thumbs up for me.

Did you enjoy the tag? If you would like to do the same, just answer the following questions, either in the comments or on your blog...let me know your hair story too!

1. What kind of hair were you born with?
2. How did your hair change as your grew and evolved?
3. Any fun childhood hair memories?
4. Have you ever had a hair disaster?
5. Have you ever colored your hair? and if yes, when?
6. Have you made peace with your hair?
7. Your top 3 must have hair products you can't live without?
8. Your "go to" hair style?
9. Your favorite hair tips?
10. Your hair idol?
11. What do you love about your hair?