Review & Swatches: theBalm INSTAIN Long-Wearing Powder Blush in Argyle

The foremost reason why I bought theBalm Instain blush is because it has gotten a lot of positive reviews for being a long wearing blush. The cute packaging was of course, secondary ;)

theBalm INSTAIN Long-Wearing Powder Blush in Argyle Review Swatches Where to buy India

theBalm claims:
INSTAIN Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush
theBalm’s long-wearing, STAINING powder blush is a fashion must have! With six shades, perfect for all seasons and skin tones, it will give your cheeks color that won’t quit.
Shades:Argyle, Lace(bright pink), Houndstooth(mauve), Pinstripe(plum), Swiss Dot(peach), Toile(strawberry)

The Instain blushes, as the name & claims suggest, are supposed to be as long wearing as cheek stains. Does it stay the whole day on me? Well…No. I think it fades off in 3-4 hours, which is as long as an average blush wears. When worn over a primer, the Instain blush lasted for a really long time ~12 hours (after which I took off my makeup). But that’s just the thing here; I needed a primer to prolong its weartime.

With the face primer I use, I observed that other blushes do not last as long as the Instain blush does. Therefore it does have its positives. However, I can’t help feel bummed that on its own, it fails to impress me in the area that it should, in the area that it is meant to!

I have no complaints about the product otherwise. It’s a really good quality, non-powdery, pigmented blush. Argyle is the lightest shade & shows up easily on my NC42 skin tone. It is described as a ‘petal pink’ color, whatever that means! It’s a baby pink color. The cardboard packaging so far is sturdy, it stays shut easily due to magnets on the cover. The packaging is adorable & it has a mirror as well.

theBalm INSTAIN Long-Wearing Powder Blush in Argyle Review Swatches Where to buy India

theBalm INSTAIN Long-Wearing Powder Blush in Argyle Review Swatches Where to buy India

Ingredients: (paraben & cruelty free)
theBalm INSTAIN Long-Wearing Powder Blush in Argyle Review Swatches Where to buy India Ingredients

Product vs Price:
Price: $22.00/ Rs.1443 on strawberrynet.com
Qty: 6.5g /0.23 oz
Shelf Life: 12 months
See where I bought it from here.

Final Verdict: 3.5/5
I would love to try out more shades, like Toile, it seems like a really unique shade. However, that won’t be on the top of my blush wish-list.  theBalm blush is splendid in terms of quality & packaging, I just wish it wore for at least as long as it claims!