The Face Shop Mango Seed Moisturizing Sheet Mask Review

You know what I find really hard to do? Hydrate my face! Now days I find my skin getting dry patches (gasp!). I blame it on travel, work & the changing weather. All the AC is taking a toll on my skin & the onset of pre monsoons has left me unprepared to tackle the cooler weather. When I am at home, I use the opportunity to try out some of the hydrating face masks I have, that’s why I’ve been using TheFaceShop Mango Seed mask. I’ve used it four times so far and I’m ready to review it.


The Face Shop Mango Seed Moisturizing Sheet Mask Review

Price: Rs. 110 at Sephora India / $1.72
Qty: 23ml/0.77 fl.oz.
I purchased it from Singapore, you can see my haul here.
Ingredients: 
The Face Shop Mango Seed Moisturizing Sheet Mask Ingredients Review

My experience with TheFaceShop Mango Seed mask

According to TheFaceShop, the sheet is 100%  organic, 100% cotton and unbleached. The mask formula is made without 7 additives – sulfate, mineral oil, alcohol, artificial coloring, animal-sourced ingredients, triethanolamine, benzophenone.

What I like about TheFaceShop is how organic their products are, and yet they are moderately priced. This one is my first sheet mask BTW, I don’t know if you have used a sheet mask before but... I find it a bit messier than I anticipated. I’ve heard about sheet masks being used during flights and I can’t see myself using the Mango Seed sheet mask on a flight, ever. The sheet is completely drenched some the mask fluid and there’s more of the fluid left in the packet once you pull out the sheet. As it’s completely drenched, it’s hard to unfold. This is one of the reasons why I don’t think it’s flight-appropriate – there’s a lot of clumsiness while unfolding.

You can easily adjust the Mango Seed sheet mask to fit your face, however, the eyes are not cut out properly, the sockets are really big. Consequently, my upper lip doesn’t get easily covered by the mask. Once I’m done applying the mask to my face, I like to use the fluid remaining  in the packet on my neck by massaging it in using circular motions. The fluid has a gel consistency and is slightly thick. It has a mild smell.

The Face Shop Mango Seed Moisturizing Sheet Mask Review

The Mango Seed sheet mask initially feels cool on the skin, subsequently it feels normal. If the weather is cooler, it will continue to feel cool, especially in you turn on the fan/AC.I like to keep it on my face for a really long time -sometimes upto an hour. I feel that organic products need to spend a little more time on the skin (than chemical ones) to take effect. Once you remove the sheet, as per instructions, you are supposed to massage the residue into your skin. I do that & let the residue stay on my skin for another half hour or so. So overall this routine takes 1hr 30min of my time. After that I simply wash my face & follow up with my moisturizer.

Here are the after effects: My skin looks visibly plumper or moisturized. It makes my skin look as if its got a good night's rest & lots of hydration. The effect lasts for 2-3 days. I feel that it gives my face a soft glow which becomes subtler each day. However, it does not work on dry patches immediately. If I want my dry patches to go away, I'll have to use the Mango Seed sheet mask every night on those areas for a week at least. I like to use the extra mask fluid left over in the packet on the drier parts of my face overnight. It really helps in giving a moisture boost to those areas.

Overall Verdict: 4/5

I'm not the biggest fan of sheet masks, but I feel that TheFaceShop Mango Seed mask is very effective at hydrating the skin. It will not make much difference to dry patches after one use but it perks up the skin overall & leaves it looking plump with a subtle glow. This effect lasts for 2-3 days which is pretty good. The formula is free of 7 additives (mentioned above) and I have kept it on my skin for a long time (1hr 30min) without any adverse effects. As mentioned earlier, I also use some of the mask fluid overnight.